Skip to content

Home   ›   Resources   ›   Permits & Notifications


Permits & Notifications

If you decide to have Gaming Machines supplied to your premises, you will need to obtain the relevant Permit or Notification from your local licensing authority.

If you currently hold a premises licence, you will need “notification for 2 or less” which confirms your automatic entitlement for up to two gaming machines from categories D and C. This is most common for all Public Houses. If you wish to have more than two gaming machines, you will need to contact your local licensing authority for information on additional entitlements.

If you currently hold a Club Premises licence, you will need either a “Club Gaming Permit” or a “Club Machine Permit”. These will entitle your premises up to three gaming machines from categories D, C, B4 and B3A. Please note the entitlement for a B3A machine is limited to one per Club and only to Clubs who are NOT commercial Clubs.

AMS are happy to assist you with all applications and renewals to ensure the correct Permit is in place for the equipment supplied. We also requested details of all current Permits for all customers so we can remind you well in advance of any forthcoming expiry dates.

If you wish to confirm your correct licensing authority, please click this link and enter your postcode:

Application forms for all the types of Permits are available form your local authority, however you can click on the link below to download the form you require which is not specific to any authority.

Notification for 2 or Less Application Form (blank authority)

Club Permit Application Form (blank authority)

If you require any further assistance with regard to Permits, please contact AMS on 01959 564 331.